District One, it’s official—now you can get started in Pathways! Log in and take the Pathways Assessment, choose your path and begin working on exciting new projects. Learn and be inspired by interactive content featuring engaging videos, skill‑building activities and powerful tools to track your progress and growth.
As you progress through Pathways, you will:
- Practice and improve your communication and leadership skills.
- Give speeches in your club based on assignments in Pathways.
- Challenge yourself to build and refine certain competencies and skills.
- Complete a range of projects that include persuasive speaking, motivating others, creating a podcast and leading a group in a difficult situation.
Develop real-world, transferable skills in many different areas through Pathways—communication, leadership, management, strategic planning, service to others, public speaking and more.
Five Core Competencies
It is important to note that each member using Base Camp will have the opportunity to select from many electives to extend their learning. With the addition of electives, members have the flexibility to cover all core competencies within each path.
The primary core competencies represented in each path are listed in order of emphasis next to the path name.
Build strategic leadership and conflict resolution skills
Build interpersonal communication, leadership and coaching skills
Build creative project management and communication skills
Build communication and leadership skills
Build motivational leadership and communication skills
Build skills to lead in complex situations
Build public speaking skills
Build networking, leadership and communication skills
Build collaborative leadership skills
Build innovative communication and
Earn digital badges on Base Camp to show fellow club members all you’ve done. Receive a path badge when you finish a path. Every time you complete a level, you’ll receive level badges signifying your achievement. You can also award feedback badges to recognize members of your club.
Level 1: Mastering Fundamentals
Level 2: Learning Your Style
Level 3: Increasing Knowledge
Level 4: Building Skills
Level 5: Demonstrating Expertise
Traditional Educational Program vs Pathways Program
Where to start?
- Connect with the District 1 Pathways Guides and invite them to your club!
- Check out the Pathways Fast Start (PPT)
How to enroll?
To enroll, start by choosing your learning experience—online or in print. If you wish to work in Pathways online, you will be guided to the Pathways Assessment, now available in Spanish (Español), which will help you choose the path that’s right for you. You will then be instructed on how to access your learning materials.
Toastmaster International Resources:
- Pathways on Toastmasters International Site.
- What is Pathways?
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Magazine Article, “The Possibilities of Pathways”.
- Magazine Article, “The DCP takes a turn in Pathways”.