District 1 Toastmasters Virtual Meeting Support
The Program Quality Director, Brad Stauffer, DTM is organizing Zoom and Hangouts Meet training sessions. Here are Best Practices for Online Club Meetings on Zoom. Many points are applicable to other web conferencing tools.
Resources for Online Meetings
If your club is considering temporarily meeting online, here is a list of alternative video conferencing software:
Best Practices for Participating in an Online Meeting
- Attend online from a quiet space, with little or no background noise, or interruptions. Avoid public coffee shops or restaurants, for example.
- Use separate microphone and headphones, to avoid disturbing anyone around you.
- Unmute only when speaking to reduce background noise.
- Coordinate and agree on timing signals. An audio cue (“green”) might be helpful as well.
- When it’s your turn to speak, unmute, then mute again when complete.
- Use the chat feature for direct messaging speakers with written feedback, and to vote on best speaker, etc.
- Assign a technical SAA to monitor, mute and unmute attendees as needed.
For more information about the Coronavirus