What’s the best way to inspire new people to join your Toastmasters Club?
By showing them how the Toastmasters organization is hugely benefiting current members with their speaking and leadership skills.
In an effort to help individual clubs recruit new members, District 1 is launching a district-wide club video contest challenging existing members to share inspirational speech videos about their own public speaking journeys—and how Toastmasters has helped them.
Not only will each video act as a mini Toastmasters “commercial” that can help promote individual clubs to potential new members in social media, but each month between April and June the club that receives the most votes will win special recognition on the Toastmasters website/social media and at the Toastmasters awards banquet on August 11th, AND get to participate in a special district Facebook Live event. (At the Banquet, the Best of the Best video of the three monthly winners will be unveiled based on a vote by the 2017-2018 district leadership.)
What the club will do:
Step 1: For each contest period, have at least one club member give an inspirational speech, any length/any format, highlighting their own public speaking journey—and how Toastmasters has helped them. This can be done in a regular club meeting, but doesn’t have to be (i.e., members can video record a speech on their own time as well, and submit on behalf of their club).
Step 2: Video record the speech.
Step 3: Upload the video to the club’s Facebook Page or YouTube Channel.
Step 4: Link the video link to the District 1 Website
Step 5: Clubs immediately share their contest link in their club’s/members social media pages to request votes (Note: Clubs must share their contest link on the District 1 website, NOT the video on their Facebook/YouTube Page).
- Participating members may only submit one video per month, but clubs are allowed to have multiple members submit a video.
- District leadership is prohibited from submitting a video.
- All videos from the previous period can be re-uploaded each for the next period or a new video can be submitted.
- Clubs are allowed and encouraged to promote the contest link for their video on their website and social media (and are encouraged to have their members share this as well).
- Votes are not limited to District 1 Members or Toastmasters.
- All videos can be submitted between April 1-21 (final submission by 11:59 pm)
- Voting starts as soon as the video is uploaded and end on April 27th
- Announcements will be made on April 30th
- All videos can be submitted between May 1-21 (final submission by 11:59 pm)
- Voting starts as soon as the video is uploaded and ends on May 25th
- Announcements will be made on May 28th
- All videos must be submitted by June 1-15 (final submission by 11:59 pm)
- Voting starts as soon as the video is uploaded and ends on June 22
- Announcements will be made on June 25th
Contact District 1 Public Relations Manager Sonya Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out these tips on creating great videos: https://www.toastmasters.org/~/media/D9E20A0337C546CCB796E781EC311320.ashx