Toastmasters International exists as an organization because of members. It is an educational program designed to help members improve their communication and leadership skills, thus there are countless opportunities to lead, speak and participate. Our program is about members success, your success.
These additional opportunities listed below are part of your Toastmasters Program – Communication or Leadership track. They all qualify as projects that help you achieve your:
- Competent Communicator – CC, Advanced Communicator Bronze – ACB, Advanced Communicator Silver Communicator – ACS, or Advanced Communicator Gold – ACG
- Competent Leader – CL, Advanced Leader Bronze – ALB, and Advanced Leader Silver – ALS
- Leadership Excellence award – LDREXC
- High Performance Leadership – HPL, and
- Distinguished Toastmaster – DTM, our highest award
You’ll work with great teams and have the opportunity to contribute your skills and talents to make District 1 stronger. Find a communication or leadership opportunity that stretches you, helps you achieve your goals, and fits your level of commitment or desired pace.
Explore the many ways to achieve your goals within our Toastmasters program.
Members have opportunities to:
- Gain speaking experience that relates to specific career needs.
- Develop and practice a variety of leadership skills.
- Sharpen their listening and evaluation skills.
- Give regular impromptu talks on assigned topics.
- Learn and practice techniques of effective public speaking.
- Prepare and deliver formal speeches on subjects of their own choosing.
- Learn and practice proper parliamentary procedures.
- Preside over meetings, gaining experience in running effective meetings.
- Gain personal confidence that will help when speaking to one person or one thousand.
Learn more about volunteer opportunities
- To learn more about volunteer opportunities on the Program Quality Team contact our Program Quality Director, Ken Starks, DTM firstname.lastname@example.org
- To learn more about volunteer opportunities on the Club Growth Team contact our Club Growth Director, Brad Stauffer, DTM email@example.com
- To learn more about volunteer opportunities on the Public RelationsTeam contact our Public Relations Manager, Jessica Allen, DTM, PDD firstname.lastname@example.org