Living up to the Toastmaster International goal of creating effective leaders and communicators, District ONE Toastmasters is striving to create opportunities in and outside of our club meetings to build the skills we need our day-to-day lives and aspirations. More and more clubs are utilizing technology tools and programs that have become standard in business and professional sectors. These tools are also proving to enhance the Toastmasters experience and build new leadership capacities. These tools will support members as they embark on the new Toastmasters International Education Program Pathways.
To support members, District ONE is offering a training on how to navigate technology tools and web-based programs on Monday, October 9th at the El Segundo LIbrary. Led by Grace Weltman, DTM, the training will provide a hands-on instruction on the following topics:
- Accessing the Toastmasters International website (access to club and officer resources, downloading and using pre-designed flyers)
- Understanding and using Google Apps (creating, storing and sharing documents)
- Working and converting documents and files between Microsoft applications and Google Apps
- Accessing District ONE forms and resources
- Managing and constructing emails
To fully engage in the training please bring your laptop (a wireless hotspot is optional). For more details and to register go to https://district1toastmasters.org/events/navigating-technology-tools/. Please RSVP by Friday, October 6 at 5:00 pm.
For questions, please contact Grace Weltman, DTM at firstname.lastname@example.org.