“Not all of us can do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” ~ Mother Teresa
To participate either as a donor or recipient, please visit https://bit.ly/
Toastmasters R.I.S.E FAQs
Toastmasters R.I.S.E is a member to member support initiative which aims to help give the gift of membership to fellow Toastmasters. From April 20, 2020 to May 30, 2020, Toastmasters members are able to request assistance with membership dues or to volunteer to help assist a member with dues payment.
- How does it work?
- Members desiring dues assistance and members desiring to help assist with dues payments must register at http://bit.ly/ToastmastersRISE.
- All submissions received (for a recipient or a donor) are kept confidential unless explicitly expressed otherwise.
- Who can be a donor?
- Clubs and fellow Toastmasters. As this is NOT a district initiative, the district is unable to assist members with dues payments.
- How will I know that my registration has been received?
- Once you submit your registration form (donor or recipient), you will see a window thanking you for your submission and confirming your registration. You will also receive confirmation via email from RISE@district1toastmasters.org within 2-3 days of registering.
- Does registering as a RISE recipient guarantee that dues will be paid?
- Registering as a RISE recipient does not guarantee dues payment. As this is a member to member support initiative, we will only be able to assist as many members as we have donors.
- How will donors be matched to recipients?
- Priority will be given to those who have been impacted by the global crisis and with a history of being active in Toastmasters; as we want to ensure RISE recipients will actively help contribute to the quality club experience.
- What if I want to remain anonymous?
- Please know that your confidentiality will be respected (whether a donor or recipient). For RISE recipients, we will need to contact your club’s President or VPE if your Toastmasters activity is not easily known.
- Is District 1 sponsoring this initiative?
- No. This is not a district initiative. This is strictly members helping members. Dues payment support from the district is a violation of Toastmasters International protocols.
- I want to help but I cannot afford to pay for the entire membership amount.
- RISE donors are able to contribute as much or as little as they’d like to assist towards a membership. Not every RISE recipient will need the full dues amount. Recipients needing assistance with partial dues payment will be matched with donors who can contribute the amount being requested.
- I’ve registered to be a donor. How do I pay?
- Donors can make the dues payment via any means by which they are most comfortable. Some common payment methods are as follows: Venmo, PayPal, Cash App, Zelle, directly calling Toastmasters International, etc.
- I have additional questions, who should I contact?
- For additional questions or recommendations for the Toastmasters R.I.S.E initiative, please email RISE@district1toastmasters.org