A Complimentary Community Service
Meetings: Fourth Thursday of each month
What is the Speakers Bureau?
…your next step in becoming a professional speaker.
Our mission is to connect our members with speaking engagements that add value to the community, promote Toastmasters, and advance the speaker’s career.
The District One Speakers Bureau—covering Southern California from Santa Monica to Long Beach and from Hollywood to Cerritos–was created in the 1980s.
We support the community by providing outstanding speakers for local businesses and organizations. At the same time, our members get the opportunity to showcase the presentation skills they’ve developed through their extensive Toastmasters training.
Speakers Bureau members are doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, parents, educators, community organizers and entertainers.
In addition to their diverse personal and professional backgrounds, all Speakers Bureau presenters are currently members in good standing of Toastmasters International. They’ve met rigorous requirements of communication and leadership training, and many have earned advanced awards, held officer positions, and competed in speech contests against some of the best speakers in the world.
Note to speakers: Speaking engagements arranged through the District One Toastmasters Speakers Bureau are a complimentary community service. If you wish to make arrangements on your own for a subsequent presentation to the same group, there is no restriction.
How It Works
Review Membership Handbook for details.
- Learn from accomplished speakers as they teach the skills, techniques, and secrets to advancing your public speaking goals.
- Members demonstrate their skills for consideration as a Qualified Speaker.
- Receive and give keen, top-notch evaluations that will help turn your presentation skills into a showcase opportunity.
- An open forum where members share and learn from success stories.
Promote District One Toastmasters
- · Give longer presentations
- · Advanced training with no additional dues or fees
- · Chances to work with accomplished Qualified Speakers who will mentor and guide you
- · Connections to speaking engagements throughout Southern California
- · A way to bridge the gap between speaking for free and speaking for a fee
- · Time to expand your personal and professional network
- · Training on how to promote yourself as a professional speaker, coach, consultant, trainer
- · Resources to develop great speech materials and a speaker’s biography
- · Opportunities to promote your expertise and professional services
- · Free advertising that enhances your visibility and social contact with the local communities
- · An accelerated path towards an Accredited Speaker designation
- · Access to a pool of presenters for training, Speechcraft, club meetings, your other organizations
- · More avenues to earn manual credit.
- · Give back to the District One communities by providing complimentary speaking engagements that add value to their organizations.
Speakers Bureau Chair for 2018 – 2019 Leslie Pogue
For more information, contact email@example.com